Positives of the Curacao i-gaming licensing:
- Comparably short period of time to obtain the license.
- Staying compliant with applicable regulations is relatively easy, therefore, more time can be spent concentrating on growing the business.
- Currently, it is the the most cost-effective license to obtain and administrate.
- If Curacao-licensed business is properly structured, it offers an adequate level of legal certainty and allows to operate legally as well as to obtain reliable payment solutions.
Negatives of the Curacao i-gaming licensing:
- General reputation of the jurisdiction and the license is quite low, which might impact business from various perspectives.
- Extensive internal AML procedures must be implemented and special “payment processing” entities shall be used in order to set up reliable payment solutions;
- Curacao is considered a tax haven; therefore, the business will require additional legal and tax structuring tools in order to mitigate certain risks related to this status.
Main Curacao competitors are Isle of Man, Gibraltar and Malta, however, Curacao remains the most popular jurisdiction for i-gaming licensing due to its significant benefits over the competition.
Check out our Curacao i-gaming solution or contact us if you would like to start the process of obtaining the Curacao gaming license .